Canoeing on the Lot
Canoe kayak rental on the Lot at Cahors
Canoe bases and rental companies around Cahors from April to October:
- The Caïx nautical base in Luzech, 20 minutes from Cahors.
- The Nautinée base in Douelle at 15 minutes from Cahors.
You can also go canoeing at Lac Vert de Catus at 20 minutes from Cahors based on Lot of Sports.
Canoe kayak rental on the Lot at Saint-Cirq Lapopie
Canoe bases and rental companies around Saint-Cirq Lapopie on the Lot from April to October:
- Kalapca in Bouziès 15 minutes from Saint-Cirq Lapopie. Descent from Larnagol, Cénevières, Crégols ou Saint-Cirq Lapopie.
- Chill-Lot activities in Cénevières 8km from Saint-Cirq Lapopie.
- Lotabike Lotaventure, descent of the Lot or the Célé to Tour-de-Faure at the foot of St Cirq Lapopie.
- Camping de la Plage in Saint-Cirq Lapopie.
Canoe kayak rental on the Lot around Puy l'Évêque
- Copeyre to Puy-l'Eveque
- Nautical base of the Floiras campsite in Anglars-Juillac
- Le Clos Bouyssac campsite in Touzac
- Nautical base of Caïx in Luzech
Canoeing on the Célé to Saint-Cirq Lapopie
The Célé is classified in 1st category, easy level. It is a calm river ideal for wonderful walks with family or friends. The bases and canoe rental companies on the Célé from April to October:
- Kalapca in Bouziès 15 minutes from Saint-Cirq Lapopie. Descent from Marcilhac/Célé, Monteils, Sauliac sur Célé, Le Liauzu or Cabrerets.
- Passion Adventure in Marcilhac sur Célé between Saint-Cirq Lapopie and Figéac. Descent from La Diège, Brengues, Saint Sulpice or Marcilhac/Célé.
- Nature and Leisure in Sauliac sur Célé 15-20 minutes from Saint-Cirq Lapopie. Descent from Sauliac, Monteils, Marcilhac to Anglanat. 2-3 person canoes and 1 person kayaks.
Rent a canoe for several days
Want to try a new experience? Embark on a canoe trip in autonomy between 2 days and a week. To compose your tailor-made stay, contact the rental companies directly:
- Caïx nautical base → descent of the Lot de Douelle in Luzech. (tailor-made stay possible over several days).
- Chill-Lot nature activities
- Kalapca leisure → only in low season (except June, July, August, September), maximum 2 days.
- Nature and Leisure → 2 days maximum
- Lot Aventure → only in low season (from March to June and September), descent of the Célé from Cajarc.
To be able to go canoeing or kayaking, it is required to know how to swim 25 meters and immerse yourself. Some rental companies set an age limit but generally a child is accepted accompanied from around 6 years old. When you leave a waterproof container will be given to you so that you can store your belongings, drinks and food. From paddles will also be provided to you as well as life vest, and explanations for beginners. Plan for closed shoes or that stick to the feet.
At the start, 3 choices depending on the hirers: return trip, leave your car and be transported a little further upstream to go down the river to your car, or the opposite but more rarely leave your vehicle at the starting point of the canoe and when you arrive you will be transported by mini bus to it.
Note that if historically the positions are different in a canoe (on your knees with a single paddle) and in a kayak (seated with a double paddle), for the practice of leisure you will be seated in both cases, with single paddles or double depending on the lessor. You can board with 1, 2 or even 3 people (2 adults and 1 child).
It is forbidden to pass through a lock (on the Lot) with a canoe kayak, if the case arises you must get out of the boat and carry it out of the water to get around the obstacle. On the Célé, you can pass the small water drops by slides created for this use on the side of waterfalls. Most of the time once passed you will have the opportunity to carry your boat out of the water in order to go up higher and start again if it pleases you.
Remember to take with you something to hydrate and protect you from the sun (hats, caps, sunglasses. Swimming is allowed in the river.